Please help indulge Josette to get more free content!

Friday, August 28, 2009

French Macarons


I'm going to be sharing all the super cool little treats I discovered in Paris and when possible share where to find them here in the US.

One really super rare treat not easily found here or even shipped here because of its perishable nature is the delightful "macaron".

The Macaron cookie was born in Italy, introduced by the chef of Catherine de Medicis in 1533 at the time of her marriage to the Duc d'Orleans who became king of France in 1547 as Henry II. The term "macaron" has the same origin as the word "macaroni" -- both mean "fine dough".

I love these little delights with a fine French tea. I first discovered these at LaDuree in Paris and I still think theirs are the best. Not since the Victorians has the trend of using flowers as food been popular here but I have to say it is still very much alive in Europe! And that makes the violet flavored and rose flavored macarons all the more special.

I have found a local supplier who makes them the french way and loves doing them in floral flavors such as rose and violet but she also does lavender, orange blossom and many more! For more information about Maison Burdisso in Houston you can go to their web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment